Sheridan Construction is a Proud Sponsor of the Maine Blue Collar Scholarship Foundation
In 2022, the Maine Blue Collar Scholarship Foundation:
- Awarded 94 scholarships and toolships to individuals entering the trades
- Provided $105,000 in scholarship awards ranging from $500 to $2,500
- Invested in our future skilled trades professionals in over 20 different careers, including automotive, building trades, collision repair, cosmetology, culinary arts, diesel tech/heavy equipment, electrical, healthcare, HVAC/plumbing, marine services, police/EMT/fire, welding, among other fields
- Enhanced the livelihoods of individuals in over 100 communities in Maine
- Connected our future tradespeople and businesses for employment opportunities
- Provided Instructor Scholarships for CTE Instructors to work for a full week at a best-in-class business in their respective field
- Scholarship and toolship recipients were from 59 high schools, 22 CTE schools, 2 home schools and 12 post graduates
The Maine Blue Collar Scholarship Foundation’s mission is to remove the barriers for motivated individuals pursuing a career in the trades and challenge the persistent belief that a traditional 4-year college degree is the only answer for our youth. The MBCSF aims to break down barriers and reinvigorate the trades that built America.
The MBCSF raised $112,186 and operates with an all-volunteer committee (no paid staff) that allows the MBCSF to put virtually 100% of all donations into Scholarships and toolships.